Filmoplast R Small Size - Heat Activated Adhesion / .79in x 9.84ft
Sale Sold out
Regular price $7.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
New Small Size Box
.79in x 9.84ft
2cm x 3m
**Iron Sold Separately
- 5 g/m2 light, transparent, technical Japanese paper
- coated with a heat-activated acrylic-acid ester copolymer
- the paper is free of lignin and hemicellulose, with a high percentage of an alpha cellulose
- the adhesive contains no softeners, is aging-resistant, colorless, and does not yellow
- Magnesium carbonate in the adhesive neutralizes acids that may arise and migrate into the adhesive layer when paper fibers in old papers degrade
- the adhesive provides good adhesion with high bending stiffness, even repeated bending will not loosen the seal
- the sealing temperature must be over 100°C
Filmoplast R can be removed in a water bath, with alcohol or heat (recommended).
Attention! Please refer to the processing instructions in our technical datasheet.
Fields of application: Filmoplast R is the ideal product for the preservation of modern papers and newspapers, retaining the paper character of the original. Due to the low thickness of the material, Filmoplast R is hardly visible. The aging resistance of the material was certified by PTS (Papiertechnische Stiftung München, Heidenau PBA-No.: 21.495/3). Continuous encapsulating from the roll is possible with the Neschen HSM 2.0 sealing machine. Fragmented documents can be joined up on the worktable of the machine and encapsulated between two layers of Filmoplast R form complete documents again. In order to invisibly repair tears, small rolls of Filmoplast R can be used and sealed with a heating iron.